Friday, May 6, 2011

What changes will you see?

One of the first things I read one morning was a blog post called "The Daffodil Principle" from my friend, Elizabeth Peterson, on the Inspired Classroom Blog. If you have not read that blog post, please leave this blog right now and go read it!

Four hours after I read that blog post I was still thinking about what it had to say. (I really think I need to take my own advice and go read it now too).

As I was thinking about her post, I remembered some information I found several years ago when doing a project on Orville Wright and the First Flight (which was always one of my favorite things to teach about in NC 4th grade history).

I remember seeing this statement:

"January 30 1948: Orville Wright died in Dayton, Ohio, at the age of 76, thus ending his 28 years as a member of the NACA. NASA was created from NACA 10 years after Orville's death. In his lifetime, the speed of the airplane had been increased from 0 mph to almost 1,000 mph. " from http://wright.nasa.gov/orville.htm

Orville Wright was involved in the creation of the first powered flight ... He was also involved in the creation of the organization that sent the first man to the moon ...

Think of all the changes Orville Wright and the whole word saw during his lifetime ...
Think of all the changes the lady in The Daffodil Principle story saw in her lifetime ...
Think of all the changes we have seen in our lifetimes ...
Think of all the changes we will see in our lifetimes ...

Think of all the changes we can make in our lifetimes ...

As the daughter said in The Daffodil Principle story, “Start tomorrow.”

Or even better ... start today ....

No comments:

Post a Comment