I started looking more and quickly realized why those resources captured my attention ... I had just found 4th grade teachers sharing resources and ideas! I taught 4th grade for years and tend to gravitate towards those resources.
There is a wiki set up to collect the resources shared in these chats. So far there are categories for Brain Breaks, Grouping Strategies, 21st Century Tools, and Writing Strategies. The topic that night was Math Instruction.
Here are some of the resources that caught my attention:
- a Symbaloo full of K-5 Math Links
- TenMarks .. free fun and interactive math practice and learning environment for 3rd grade and higher
- Math by Design was created for middle school students taking Algebra I and II to enhance their understanding of geometry and measurement objectives.
- Math and Literature Idea Bank from math cats
- Magic of Math list of books
- Stewart 4th Grade Online Resource Wiki - Math Page
- Recommended book to read: What's Math Got To Do With It? by Jo Boaler